Tucson Deportation Attorney
For close to 25 years, I have served clients in federal, state, juvenile, appellate and tribal courts in the Tucson metropolitan area, Arizona’s border communities, and other federal jurisdictions, as a criminal defense and immigration lawyer. Most criminal defense lawyers don’t work in immigration courts; and most immigration lawyers don’t work in criminal courts. I am one of the few lawyers who works in both, and have a good understanding of how one sphere influences the other.
I provide client-focused service and detail-oriented representation. Every client’s goals are different: some want to avoid incarceration at any cost. Others want to avoid deportation at any cost. Yet others want to avoid a felony conviction at any cost. I work closely with my clients to make sure that we are working toward achieving their goals, not mine or someone else’s.
At the Law Offices of Roger H. Sigal, L.L.C., I handle a broad range of criminal cases, including:
- Deportation: If you face deportation related to a criminal conviction, I can help you fight to stay in the country.
- Re-entry/Reentrada: I represent many clients who are arrested for re-entering the country following a deportation.
- Drug crimes: Whether you are arrested on state or federal drug charges, I will take aggressive steps to defend your rights, including challenging illegal stops, searches and seizures.
- Federal crimes: I handle a broad range of federal crimes including white collar crime, mail fraud, credit card fraud, drug trafficking / conspiracy, firearm offenses, assault on a federal agent, re-entry, transporting and harboring aliens, kidnapping, sexual assault.
- Federal and state appeals: A successful appeal always involves painstaking research and meticulous attention to detail. I thoroughly examine court transcripts, and identify the issues that have the strongest chances of getting your conviction reversed or your sentence reduced.
- Transportation and harboring illegal aliens: Driving a car with other undocumented persons in it, or preparing food for other undocumented persons in a stash house, or helping the coyotes in any other way can lead to charges of transportation and harboring illegal aliens, even if you are not part of any organized smuggling operation.
- Illegal stops, searches and seizures: If law enforcement stopped you without reasonable suspicion, or searched your car or home without probable cause or consent, or if they cannot justify their search, stop or arrest under any established exception to the warrant requirement, I will fight tirelessly and aggressively to defend your Fourth Amendment rights.
- Illegal interrogations: If law enforcement interrogated you in violation of your Miranda rights, forced a statement from you, or otherwise extracted a statement in violation of your right to counsel, or your right to remain silent, I will aggressively fight to prevent the prosecutor from using any incriminating statements against you.
- White collar crime: White collar crimes can have unthinkable consequences on your life, your career and your family. I represent clients accused of crimes such as credit card fraud, identity theft, Ponzi schemes and embezzlement.
- Juvenile crimes: Young people have everything at stake when they face criminal charges. Protect your child’s future by contacting a lawyer as soon as possible.
- Robbery, burglary, theft and fraud: I have represented clients accused of nearly every imaginable type of robbery, burglary, home invasion, drug rip, and other theft-related crimes.
- Violent crimes/aggravated assault: Violent crimes lead to serious charges and to the possibility of very long prison sentences. If you have been charged with aggravated assault, armed robbery, sexual assault, domestic violence or any other violent crimes, it is very important to act quickly in hiring an attorney who understands the importance of immediately beginning his or her investigation before witnesses and evidence disappear.
- Guns and weapons: Weapons charges can lead to enhancements that require a mandatory minimum sentence, sometimes five or seven years or beyond. Using research and creativity, I do everything within my power to help my clients avoid such harsh sentences.
- Border stops: For prosecutors to convict a person charged with drug smuggling, they must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the person knew that the drugs were hidden within their vehicles. By enlisting the help of experts, and former law enforcement agents, I have won trials by convincing juries that the prosecutor has failed to prove my clients’ knowledge.
Contact The Law Offices Of Roger H. Sigal, L.L.C.
If you have been charged with a crime, contact my office in Tucson, Arizona, as soon as possible. To schedule a free one-hour consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney, call 520-777-1242 or 866-919-3802.